Sunday, July 19, 2009

Last week!

This is our last week here in Zenica then we go to Boroćko for a week of camp, including morning Bible studies and evening talks and afternoons filled with fun at the lake.
We have had a lot of fun but i cant tell you all about it until later. I have to go teach english class. Just know we are having a great time in class, playing baseball, having bbqs, parties, going to the pool, and just enjoying coffee.

Charlene needs to get her visa for croatia tomorrow morning in sarajevo, pray for save travel and favor with the embassy. Pray she can come with us.

Please pray for Pray for:
• Please pray for students to keep coming to class. We have a consistent 15.
• Praise God for good, non-awkward conversations with new and old friends this last week! Pray that continues!
• Please pray with us for all our students to encounter God in a real way in the next 2 weeks and that they would come to camp with us.
• Pray for camp July 26-30, that 10 students from each city would come. We have a list of 15 students we would love to come from Zenica, pray they would.
• Continue to pray for good communication and energy on our team. Pray for Jenni, Scott, Chris, Charlene, Sean and myself. Charlene as a Kenyan citizen has run into prolems for getting into Croatia for our debrief time. Please pray that God would do something to get her there and affirm that she has been doing a great job so far in Zenica.
• Please keep praying for healing for my spinal cord, strength for my leg, and decreased cerebral spinal fluid pressure to be free from my headaches. Praise God that yesterday when I TOTALLY twisted my ankle it didnt hurt after 10 minutes

God is great! May his name be glorified!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear details and to see how you are taking advantage of opportunities to share the TRUTH! We're praying for you all! Jan C

Anonymous said...

Why have you deleted the other comment?

...

And you say that you came to teach English, not religion

omG, you are really good LAIRS

Melissa said...

I deleted it because it is disheartening to have someone who won't tell me who they are, and doesn't even know me, commenting mean things on my blog when i haven't done anything against them (especially since i have no idea who you are). I've said if you want to have a real conversation I would love to chat but please stop commenting on my blog. My email is melissaivsb@gmail.com

We did not lie. We taught English from 5-7 every weekday. Anything outside of that was your own choice to interact with us or not. If you knew me you'd know I'm not a liar, everything i say and do is inline with who I am and I'm not ashamed of it. You, hiding behind the name "Anonymous" and threatening me and defaming me, tearing me down, is hurtful and i wish you would stop. I think we must never have had a conversation.

Anonymous said...

...or maybe melissa@ivsb.org

Melissa said...

actually that email account was canceled please email me at melissaivsb@gmail.com